Mission Statement & Biography
My primary mission as a daughter of God is to faithfully provide for the care and feeding of my husband, Mel, and my daughter, Cecilia. They are my life and my joy!
Second to that is my mission as a lay Catholic evangelist—a calling that has often surprised and delighted me. I give thanks to God for using me in this way, and I look forward to the continuing unfolding of this great adventure with Him.
If I had to boil down the essence of what I feel called to do, it is to encourage people—whether through music, storytelling, or teaching from the great Catholic spiritual writers and my own life experience. Tears in the audience (and occasionally from me) are not uncommon, and I consider them sacred. My audiences and I also laugh a lot, which I consider to be a true gift of the Holy Spirit. These audiences have ranged from women’s prayer breakfasts to Legatus groups to large family conferences.
My heart burns with a desire to share the riches of our Catholic faith, especially to lapsed or lukewarm Catholics. I submit myself to the teaching authority of the Magesterium of the Roman Catholic Church in matters of faith and morals, and I delight in her guidance.
Favorite topics include:
- My personal testimony (the one similar to the one on my Lighthouse CD, God Will Provide)
- The Eucharist (the center of my life!) and Adoration
- Authentic beauty
- Trustful Surrender to Divine Providence
- Consecration to the Blessed Virgin Mary (using 33 Days to Morning Glory)
- Finding Time for God
- Finding Peace of Heart
- The Divine Mercy of Jesus
- The Secrets of the Rosary
- True Devotion to the Holy Spirit
- Making Sense of Suffering
I also enjoy being given particular topics to research and prepare, as well as being commissioned to write songs from particular quotes or themes. Some of my best material has come in this way.
By virtue of my baptism, I have been called to become an evangelist in a world where despair, godlessness, and violence cry out for a remedy. My job is to rally the troops and encourage them to do join me in this mission to bring the Good News to the ends of the earth, starting in their own hearts, homes and parishes.
In Christ, our Hope,
Singer/songwriter and inspirational speaker Kitty Cleveland has been delighting audiences around the world for many years, having appeared numerous times on television, on the radio, in concert and as a keynote speaker throughout North America and in Europe.
Though she put her singing on hold after college to pursue careers as a lawyer, university instructor and career counselor, Kitty’s life as a recording artist began in earnest after launching her first CD in 2000. She has since released eight CDs, plus three popular CDs with Lighthouse Catholic Media. Also in the works is a collection of jazz standards with some of the world’s finest jazz musicians, which is her latest attempt to "cast out into the deep" as part of the New Evangelization.
Television and Radio Credits
Kitty appeared five times as a guest on EWTN’s Life on the Rock television series with Jeff Cavins—reaching over 100 million households worldwide—as well as on EWTN’s Backstage television series. Most recently, she appeared live on EWTN from the National Shrine of Divine Mercy on Divine Mercy Sunday, where she shared her testimony and sang for the televised Mass. Kitty has appeared multiple times on Catholic TV of Boston and continues to receive both national and international radio airplay. She is also working on two new projects with Jeff Cavins.
- Magnificat women's prayer breakfasts (TX, several in LA)
- Various other prayer breakfasts and retreats (CA, FL, GA, IL, IN, KY, LA, MA, MO, MS, NC, OH, PA, SC, TX)
- Legatus dinners (FL, LA, WI)
- Various Marian conferences (CA, AZ, LA)
- Concerts at gala fundraisers (DC, NY, GA, LA)
- Graced & Gifted Women's Conference (Prior Lake, MN)
- Divine Mercy Sunday speaker and cantor (National Shrine of Divine Mercy, Stockbridge, MA)
- Catholic Women of Faith Conference (Franklin, TN)
- Catholic Women for Christ Conference (St. Louis, MO)
- Midwest Family Conference (Wichita, KS)
- Endow gala (Denver, CO)
- Atlanta Archdiocesan Council of Catholic Women Conference (Peachtree City, GA)
- San Francisco Catholic Charismatic Conference
- Lighthouse Catholic Media Conference (Mundelein, IL)
- Evangelization Conference 2009, 2011, 2012 (Natchez, MS)
- Over 50 prayer concerts (with testimony) in Catholic parishes around North America and Europe
"Kitty's love for the Lord and for her Catholic faith was palpable, and she left us all uplifted and encouraged with her message and music. I wholeheartedly recommend Kitty Cleveland for your future event." Most Rev. Samuel J. Aquila, S.T.I, Archbishop of Denver
"I have the privilege of counting Kitty Cleveland as one of my close friends, and for that I am most grateful. When I listen to her CDs I’m touched by her wellspring of talent, but even more I’m moved knowing that her music is the result of God interacting with her in the valleys and the mountaintops of her life. She is real, she is deeply spiritual, and she has one of the most beautiful voices I have ever heard." Jeff Cavins, bible scholar and Catholic evangelist
"We are all still floating since your appearance at our Endow Gala! This week I have had more positive calls and emails than I can possibly handle. The humor, warmth, and love that came through in your talk had all 500 people in the room riveted." Terry Polakovic, Endow Co-Founder and Executive Director
- Surrender: Collection of popular liturgical songs, plus two originals. Winner of Unity Award® for “Sacramental Album of the Year” (2000, 2007 remix).
- Sacred Arias: Twelve favorite classics with a chamber orchestra. Final Unity Award® nominee for “Devotional Album of the Year” (2001).
- The Miracle of Love Rosary:International best-seller featuring music and meditations on the sanctity of life, including the Luminous Mysteries. Recorded with Fr. Robert Cavalier (2002).
- O Holy Night: Well-loved Christmas songs with a Celtic flair (2003).
- The Miracle of Divine Mercy: Original sung Divine Mercy chaplet with a children’s choir, plus two inspiring songs and Kitty’s Divine Mercy testimony (2004).
- Be Not Afraid: Includes 12 songs of hope and consolation, including “Now You Come to Me”, an original song inspired by the last words of Pope John Paul II, and “Eye of the Storm”, written by Kitty for the victims and survivors of Hurricane Katrina. Winner of Unity Award for “Devotional Album of the Year” (2006)
- Sublime Chant: The Scotland Project:An ambitious recording of 17 Gregorian chants recorded in a 13th century Scottish cathedral (2008).
- Lighthouse--God Will Provide: 2010 release by Lighthouse Catholic Mediaincludes Kitty’s testimony plus nine songs from her previous collections.
- The Miracle of Life Rosary for Children: Kids love hearing the upbeat, life-affirming music and meditations written by Kitty specifically for a young audience, with all of the prayers led by kids. Kitty’s daughter, Cecilia (age 7), also sings with her to music arranged by Joe Hand (2-CD, 2011).Kitty Cleveland--Bio & Mission Statement
- Lighthouse--Sacred Christmas: 2011 release by Lighthouse Catholic Media of Kitty’s Christmas music.
- Lighthouse--The Miracle of Divine Mercy: 2013 release by Lighthouse Catholic Media of Kitty's Divine Mercy chaplet.
Kitty makes her home in the New Orleans area with her musician husband and young daughter, whom they adopted from China in 2005. When possible, they both appear with her in concert. To read what others have had to say about Kitty, please go to: www.kittycleveland.com/guestbook. For bookings, please call Caroline Sholl at (504) 559-8076 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get Kitty's latest news!
Sat, 12/14/2013 - 8:00am
Wed, 12/25/2013 - 10:00am
Sat, 02/08/2014 - 9:00am
Sun, 02/16/2014 - 9:00am
LAST GUESTBOOK ENTRY
I cannot thank you enough for how much I have enjoyed The Miracle of Love Rosary CD. Anyways, Thank you!