Mission Statement & Biography
My primary mission as a daughter of God is to faithfully provide for the care and feeding of my husband, Mel, and my daughter, Cecilia. They are my life and my joy!
Second to that is my mission as a lay Catholic evangelist—a calling that has often surprised and delighted me. I give thanks to God for using me in this way, and I look forward to the continuing unfolding of this great adventure with Him.
If I had to boil down the essence of what I feel called to do, it is to encourage people—whether through music, storytelling, or teaching from the great Catholic spiritual writers and my own life experience. Tears and laughter from the audience (and from me) are not uncommon, and I consider them to be a true gift of the Holy Spirit. These audiences have ranged from women’s prayer breakfasts to leadership groups to family conferences.
My heart burns with a desire to share the riches of our Catholic faith, especially to lapsed or lukewarm Catholics. I submit myself to the teaching authority of the Magisterium of the Roman Catholic Church in matters of faith and morals, and I delight in her guidance.
Favorite topics include:
- God's Grace Is Enough (similar to my Lighthouse CD, God Will Provide)
- Mirror, Mirror: Seeing Myself As God Sees Me (for women)
- Deus Providebit: Trusting in God's Divine Providence
- Mary at My Door: How to take Mary into your heart and into your home
- The Habit of Prayer: Making time for God
- Peace I Leave with You: Receiving the gift that only Christ can give
- Divine Mercy: A message for our times
- Life in the Holy Spirit: Fire Within
I also enjoy being given particular topics to research and prepare, as well as being commissioned to write songs from particular quotes or themes.
By virtue of my baptism, I have been called to become an evangelist in a world where despair, godlessness, and violence cry out for a remedy. My job is to rally the troops and encourage them to do join me in this mission to bring the Good News to the ends of the earth, starting in our own hearts, homes, and parishes.
In Christ, our Hope,
Kitty Cleveland, a singer/songwriter and inspirational speaker from New Orleans, began her professional career as a lawyer and then as a college professor. But in an adoration chapel one day in 1998, as she searched for God during a devastating family crisis, she clearly heard the Lord Jesus call her to become a "music missionary."
Kitty heeded the call and has since released 12 CDs of music and prayer--including two CDs with Lighthouse Catholic Media. Her latest CD, Hail, Holy Queen, was the first of her CD's to climb the secular Billboard chart. She has appeared numerous times on television, on the radio, in concert, and as a keynote speaker both at home and abroad.
Kitty lives in the New Orleans area with her musician husband and teen daughter, whom they adopted from China in 2005. In addition to praying with people for healing and encouragement, she enjoys cooking, gardening, oil painting, and is currently working on her first book about her father's unjust imprisonment and dramatic release by the U.S. Supreme Court.
What Others Are Saying
"Kitty's love for the Lord and for her Catholic faith was palpable, and she left us all uplifted and encouraged with her message and music. I wholeheartedly recommend Kitty Cleveland for your future event." Most Rev. Samuel J. Aquila, S.T.I, Archbishop of Denver
"Kitty shared her inspiring story and beautiful singing with endearing personality and delightful humor. Many of the 500 women said afterward that she was their favorite Magnificat speaker of all time--out of 40 speakers! I heartily recommend her for any group." Kay Burkot, Magnificat of Pittsburgh, PA
"I have the privilege of counting Kitty Cleveland as one of my close friends, and for that, I am most grateful. When I listen to her CDs I’m touched by her wellspring of talent, but even more, I’m moved knowing that her music is the result of God interacting with her in the valleys and the mountaintops of her life. She is real, she is deeply spiritual, and she has one of the most beautiful voices I have ever heard." Jeff Cavins, Bible scholar and Catholic evangelist
"We are all still floating since your appearance at our Endow Gala! This week I have had more positive calls and emails than I can possibly handle. The humor, warmth, and love that came through in your talk had all 500 people in the room riveted." Terry Polakovic, Endow Co-Founder and Executive Director
Television & Radio Credits
Kitty is well-known to EWTN audiences, having appeared several times as a guest on Life on the Rock with Jeff Cavins, on Backstage, and more recently as a guest of Johnnette Benkovic on Women of Grace during Christmas week. She also appeared on EWTN live from the National Shrine of Divine Mercy on Divine Mercy Sunday, where she shared her family's miracle story. Kitty has appeared multiple times on Catholic TV of Boston and continues to receive both national and international radio airplay.
- Catholic Women's Conferences (CA, GA, IA, LA, MN, MO, MT, PA, SC, TN)
- Auckland Eucharistic Conference (Auckland, NZ)
- Fullness of Truth Conference (Tyler, TX)
- Midwest Family Conference (Wichita, KS)
- San Francisco Catholic Charismatic Conference (San Francisco, CA)
- Lighthouse Catholic Media Conference (Mundelein, IL)
- Legatus dinners (FL, LA, WI)
- Prayer breakfasts and retreats (CA, FL, GA, IL, IN, KY, LA, MA, MO, MS, NC, NJ, OH, PA, SC, TX)
- Marian conferences (AZ, CA, LA)
- Keynotes at gala fundraisers (CO, DC, GA, LA, NY)
- Over 50 prayer concerts in Catholic parishes (throughout North America and in Europe)
- Hail, Holy Queen: Billboard Top 10 CD, devoted to Our Lady of Fatima for the 100th anniversary (2017)
- Blue Skies: A collection of jazz standards with some of New Orleans' greatest musicians, including Summertime, My Funny Valentine, Someone to Watch over Me, and many other well-loved classics (2014).
- Lighthouse--The Miracle of Divine Mercy: 2013 release by Lighthouse Catholic Media of Kitty's Divine Mercy chaplet with a sample of her Divine Mercy testimony.
- The Miracle of Life Rosary for Children: Kids love hearing the upbeat, life-affirming music and meditations written by Kitty specifically for a young audience, with all of the prayers led by kids. Kitty’s daughter, Cecilia (age 7), also sings with her to music arranged by Joe Hand (2-CD, 2011).
- Lighthouse--God Will Provide: 2010 release by Lighthouse Catholic Media includes Kitty’s testimony plus nine songs from her previous collections.
- Sublime Chant: The Scotland Project: An ambitious recording of 17 Gregorian chants recorded in a 12th-century Scottish cathedral (2008).
- Be Not Afraid: Includes 12 songs of hope and consolation. Winner of Unity Award for “Devotional Album of the Year” (2006)
- The Miracle of Divine Mercy: Original sung Divine Mercy chaplet with a children’s choir, plus two inspiring songs and Kitty’s Divine Mercy miracle testimony (2004).
- O Holy Night: Well-loved Christmas songs with a Celtic flair (2003).
- The Miracle of Love Rosary: International best-seller featuring music and meditations on the sanctity of life, including the Luminous Mysteries. Recorded with Fr. Robert Cavalier (2002).
- Sacred Arias: Twelve classics with a chamber orchestra. Final Unity Award® nominee for “Devotional Album of the Year” (2001).
- Surrender: Collection of popular liturgical songs, plus two originals. Winner of Unity Award® for “Sacramental Album of the Year” (2000, 2007 remix).
To have Kitty speak and/or sing at your event, please call Connie: (504)202-6029 or send us an email. We'll get right back to you!
Veni Sancte Spiritus!